Saturday, May 22, 2010

Fade Out by Rachel Caine


Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, the resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again...

Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theatre company. But when one of Eve's castmates goes missing after starting work on a short documentary, Eve suspects the worst. Claire and Eve soon realize that this film project, whose subject is the vampires themselves, is a whole lot bigger-and way more dangerous-than anyone suspected (Amazon.com).


I love the Morganville Vampire series. This is book number seven in the series and it wasn't what I was expecting. In the earlier books, I was getting a little annoyed because anything and everything was going wrong for the four main characters. It seemed nothing good could ever happen to them. But I really liked how this seventh book was a little different. It seems that things are taking a turn in Morganville.

What I didn't like was that it was a little slow moving for a while, as far as the plot was concerned. Little things were happening here and there but I kept wondering, "Okay, what's the catch? What is the plot?". But when I finally got to the plot I was intrigued and I couldn't figure out how it was going to end. I love that. It ended great! I keep thinking there is going to be another romance thrown in there and I can't wait to read the next installment to see if I'm right. I really enjoy this series. It's got action, the main character is smart (I really like when the MC is smart), there's some romance and some mystery. It's worth checking out, even if you're not into vampire books.

Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment