Thursday, May 27, 2010

Kiss of Death by Rachel Caine

While developing a new system to maintain Morganville's defenses, student Claire Danvers discovers a way to amplify vampire mental powers. Through this, she's able to re-establish the field around this vampire-infested Texas college town that protects it from outsiders.

But the new upgrades have an unexpected consequence: people inside the town begin to slowly forget who they are-even the vampires. Soon, the town's little memory problem has turned into a full-on epidemic. Now Claire needs to figure out a way to pull the plug on her experiment- before she forgets how to save Morganville... (Amazon.com).

I love the cover on this one! I think it's Claire. She is so pretty and I lover her hair!

I really like the Morganville Vampire Series. This is the eighth book in the series. In the seventh book, there wasn't too much that went wrong. In books one through six, the main characters went against all odds--everything went wrong but they fought back. In book eight, things went back to that trend. There was a lot of action. My favorite part, believe it or not, was the epilogue! It made me look forward to book nine, which doesn't come out until October 26th, 2010. The first couple of chapters can be read here, though.

This was not my favorite book of the series. It was a total sidetrack but I guess it might play a role in the end of the series or next books. Honestly, I think the series is dragging out a little too much for my taste but I still enjoy reading it. I am really interested in how it will end.

Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment