Monday, June 28, 2010

Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson

Melinda Sordino busted an end-of-summer party by calling the cops. Now her old friends won't talk to her, and people she doesn't even know hate her from a distance. The safest place to be is alone, inside her own head. But even that's not safe. Because there's something she's trying not to think about, something about the night of the party that, if she let it in, would blow her carefully constructed disguise to smithereens. And then she would have to speak the truth. This extraordinary first novel has captured the imaginations of teenagers and adults across the country (Barnesandnoble.com)



This book is AMAZING! It had me laughing out loud more than a few times. It is funny, interesting and real. I could not put it down. Do you ever read a book that is so good that you are pained when you have to set it down? This is one of those. From page one I was sucked into Melinda's world.

The writing is fantastic. I love the characters. The whole story is down-to-earth, so real. I felt like I had joined Melinda's high school when I was reading it. I really like how the story unfolds in an unconventional way.

I want to read more of Anderson's work...right now!!

Definitely check out this book! You will not be disappointed.

Overall: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment