Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han

Some summers are just destined to be pretty

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer — they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one wonderful and terrible summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along (Barnesandnoble.com).



This book is hauntingly good. I can't stop thinking about it. It wasn't what I expected. I thought it would be a fun, quick summery read. It is but it is more than that. It is romantic, endearing and heard-warming. It's a "I don't want to put this book down and you can't make me" kind of book. I read this book very quickly and immediately picked up its sequel and read it in the same day. It's that good. I laughed, I cried. I couldn't stop until I knew how it ended. I am craving more!

My favorite parts of the book: the family, the characters, the writing. The book takes you into flashbacks, back into Belly's past summers at the house. I felt like I was there and when I was done reading I had a layer of sand on my feet. Everything was so good.

This is an amazing book, as is its sequel. Definitely worth checking out. I can't believe I have to wait until May 2011 to read the third book in the trilogy. So. Not. Fair.

Overall: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment