Friday, July 23, 2010

The Adoration of Jenna Fox by Mary E. Pearson

Who is Jenna Fox?

Seventeen-year-old Jenna has been told that is her name. She has just awoken from a year-long coma, and she's still recovering from the terrible accident that caused it. Her parents show her home movies of her life, her memories, but she has no recollection. Is she really the same girl she sees on the screen?

Little by little, Jenna begins to remember. Along with the memories come questions—questions no one wants to answer for her. What really happened after the accident?

In this fascinating novel, acclaimed author Mary E. Pearson presents an unforgettable look at one human life and a glimpse into a possible f
uture that may be closer than we think (Goodreads.com).


This book is very thought provoking. It is futuristic but the theme, "How far would you go to save someone you love?", is very real. But, it's more than that. Jenna is starting fresh and there are so many things that Jenna and I, the reader, have to contemplate.

I feel bad for Jenna. I feel bad for her parents. Heck, I feel bad for all of the characters. While reading I tried to think of things that could change that would make it better for the characters, but I couldn't think of anything. Here are some of the things I thought of:

Would things have been better if Jenna's parents had just let her die? Would her parents been better after closure? Jenna wouldn't have to go through life as ten percent human?

Would Mr. Bender's life been better if had stayed in his old life?

I had many more questions like that and others like, what is up with Dane? We never do find out. But I don't think that's the point.

This book is very interesting and I enjoyed reading it. The writing is excellent. I fell in love with the characters. The ending is kind of sad but really good. This is a great read with a few laughs and some sad spots that make you think.

Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment