Friday, July 9, 2010

Airhead by Meg Cabot

EM WATTS IS GONE.

Emerson Watts didn't even want to go to the new SoHo Stark Megastore grand opening. But someone needed to look out for her sister, Frida, whose crush, British heartthrob Gabriel Luna, would be singing and signing autographs there-along with the newly appointed Face of Stark, teen supermodel sensation Nikki Howard.

How was Em to know that disaster would strike, changing her-and life as she'd known it-forever? One bizarre accident later, and Em Watts, always the tomboy, never the party princess, is no longer herself. Literally.

Now getting her best friend, Christopher, to notice that she's actually a girl is the least of Em's problems.

But what Em's pretty sure she'll never be able to accept might just turn out to be the one thing that's going to make her dream come true . . . .

NIKKI HOWARD IS HERE TO STAY (Barnesandnoble.com).

This was a really, really fun book to read! I was really surprised by how it turned out. I don't want to give anything away so I will try to give a good review without any spoilers. I do this because it was really cool to read this and not know what to expect.

When I go into the first few chapters, I was really pulled in. Then, something happened and I thought it was going to be all Freaky Friday, which I didn't like. I almost didn't finish reading it. But, thankfully I did because it wasn't corny like Freaky Friday. It was...good!

The MC, Emerson, is really smart, which I really like in a main character. I thought her sister was really annoying, but I guess that's the point. Once I got into the story, it was a page turner.

The story is interesting and entertaining. It keeps you on your toes even without vampires and fight action which is a good change of pace. Plus, the concept of the whole story makes you think, "Gee, I wish that was me!"

The writing was great and the ending was pretty good too. I must say that I might become a Meg Cabot addict.

Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment