Thursday, July 22, 2010

Ill Wind by Rachel Caine

First in the new Weather Warden series...

Joanne Baldwin is a Weather Warden. Usually, all it takes is a wave of her hand to tame the most violent weather. But now, she's trying to outrun another kind of storm: accusations of corruption and murder. So, she's resorting to the very human tactic of running for her life...

Her only hope is Lewis, the most powerful warden known. Unfortunately, he's stolen not one but three bottles of Djinn-making him the most wanted man on earth. Still, she's racing hard to find him-before the bad weather closes in fast... (Barnesandnoble.com)


I really like Rachel Caine's Morganville Vampire series so I thought I would check out her Weather Warden series. Let me just say that it is even better than the Morganville Vampire series!

This book came out in 2003 so I am definitely behind on reading this series. I really enjoyed reading this book. I love the writing style, the characters and the plot was really great too.

What I loved about this book: Bad A weather warden Jo who is powerful and can create and manipulate storms, hot (not talking about the temperature) weather wardens/djinns (genies), and a very interesting story that I couldn't predict at all.

What I didn't like was the ending. I don't want to give anything away but I am a little disappointed that the series is called Weather Warden and we will be mostly reading about djinns after this book. I think I am disappointed because I loved reading about Jo the weather warden. I think I will definitely enjoy the rest of the series but the ending made me a little sad.
As far as boys go, I like David but I really like Lewis. Lewis is really sweet and is the most powerful weather warden. I hope there is more in store for him in the next books.

After reading the first book of the series I am not really sure how the rest of the series is going to turn out and I really like that! I read an excerpt of Heat Stroke on Rachel Caine's web site, the sequel to Ill Wind and I am already sucked in. I can't wait to get it from the library.

Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment