Monday, July 26, 2010

Captivate by Carrie Jones





Zara's pixies are locked away in the forest, but that doesn't mean the threat is gone. In captivity, the king's needs grow stronger and his power weakens. When a new king, Astley, arrives and tells Zara she's fated to be his queen, Zara discovers she's in deeper than she ever imagined (Barnesandnoble.com).








This is the second book in the Need series. This book is a really great and fun read! I really liked Zara in the first book and I grew to love her even more in this one. She is smart and fierce. She does some things in this book that I never thought her capable of doing!

So, after Ian left the scene in the last book, another boy gets introduced. Not just a boy, though, a king. His name is Astley which means star. I kind of like him. I am not sure if I like him more than Nick. It is a hard choice to make! Nick is a wolf. Astley is a pixie king. This is a similar situation that you find in many paranormal romances but I like what the author has done with the plot. Not the same-old, same-old.

There is a part in this book that is really sad. But, it is redeemable so I hung in there while I was reading. The ending is great and it left me hanging a little. Some things are resolved, other things in the plot are unknown. I sometimes like a good cliff-hanger ending. On one hand it can drive me a little crazy not knowing but on the other hand I can get bored if it ends all nice.

In the first book of the series, Need, the author used phobias to head the chapters but in this book the author uses mostly Pixie tips. I thought this was great and sometimes funny. It goes along with the book that Devyn and Zara are compiling. I wonder what the headers will be for the next one?

I can't wait for the next book in the series, Entice, that will be released in January, 2011. That's not too far off :). What will Zara do now? This is a great series to jump into.

Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment