Saturday, July 24, 2010

Shade by Jerri Smith-Ready

Best. Birthday. Ever. At least, it was supposed to be. With Logan’s band playing a crucial gig and Aura’s plans for an intimate after-party, Aura knows it will be the most memorable night of her boyfriend’s life. She never thought it would be his last.
Logan’s sudden death leaves Aura devastated. He’s gone.
Well, sort of.
Like everyone born after the Shift, Aura can see and talk to ghosts. This mysterious ability had always been annoying, and Aura had wanted nothing more than to figure out why the Shift happened so she can undo it. But not with Logan’s violet-hued spirit still hanging around. Because Dead Logan is almost as real as ever. Almost.
It doesn’t help that Aura’s new friend Zachary is so understanding — and so very alive. His support means more to Aura than she cares to admit.
As Aura’s relationship with the dead and the living grow ever complicated, so do her feelings for Logan and Zachary. Each holds a piece of Aura’s heart . . . and clues to the secret of the Shift (Barnesandnoble.com).


I was definitely not prepared for how good this book is! It was soo good. I must say that it made me pretty sad, though. I am so sappy. I was somewhat prepared because the cover says, "Love ties them together. Death can't tear them apart." But, wow. I am not ashamed to say that I teared up a little.

My favorite parts of this book were the characters, hands down. I love Aura. And Logan. And Zachary. And, okay Megan and Dylan too. The characters are so believable, you feel like you know them. I feel their pain. Logan wasn't alive for long and but I was immediately attached to him. I wanted Aura and Logan to live happily ever after. But, then there wouldn't be such an awesome story to be told.

Smith-Ready took me to a new world and I was enveloped by wonderful characters. The world she created was really cool. At the beginning I thought that Aura was the only one to see ghosts, but no. All people born after her are. I really like that she is not the only one who can see ghosts and there is a mystery as to why it started. I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

I loved every part of this book and I am really excited to read the sequel, Shift. It comes out May 2011 and I can't wait! I am going to check out some of Jerri Smith Ready's other books because this book was awesome! You have got to read it.

Overall: 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment