Saturday, August 21, 2010

City of Glass by Cassandra Clare

To save her mother’s life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters—never mind that entering the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.

As Clary uncovers more about her family’s past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadowhunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadowhunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he’s willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City—whatever the cost?

Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the third installment of bestselling series the Mortal Instruments (Barnesandnoble.com).




So I am pretty sure this was supposed to be the last book in The Mortal Instruments series but there are now going to be at least three more books in the series. Book four will be out in 2011, book five in 2012 and book six in 2013. I am kind of excited to see how the rest of the series goes!

I thought that this was the last book when I was reading it and some things happened leaving it open for another book in the series so I am really happy there is going to be another book. Book four is called City of Fallen Angels. I read the sneak peak and it is awesome!

Back to City of Glass...It was intense, it was awesome. I really need some new adjectives.

Spoiler Alert:

We find out that Clary and Jace really are not brother and sister. Yay! But she still did kiss her brother. I hate to say this again but what's up with that? Did she really have to kiss her brother? He knew he was her brother too. I think he is love with her or something but not in a brother and sister kind of way. It's a little demented. I guess he is part demon...

End of Spoiler Alert.

This book has action, romance, some humor and great characters. I really like Jace, Isabelle, Alec and Magnus. I like Clary's character but I get kind of annoyed how she can't ever really fight. She does have some other abilities that are cool but I like a main character that can fight. That's just personal preference though. Oh, and I like Simon too. He's turning into a little player.

I am expecting to see more of the Downworlders in the next books. More of the faeries and vampires. It's going to be great.

This book is rad (working on my adjectives) and if you haven't read this series you definitely should!

Overall:5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment