Thursday, August 12, 2010

Fairy Tale by Cyn Balog


Morgan Sparks has always known that she and her boyfriend, Cam, are made for each other. But when Cam’s cousin Pip comes to stay with the family, Cam seems depressed. Finally Cam confesses to Morgan what’s going on: Cam is a fairy. The night he was born, fairies came down and switched him with a healthy human boy. Nobody expected Cam to live, and nobody expected his biological brother, heir to the fairy throne, to die. But both things happened, and now the fairies want Cam back to take his rightful place as Fairy King.

Even as Cam physically changes, becoming more miserable each day, he and Morgan pledge to fool the fairies and stay together forever. But by the time Cam has to decide once and for all what to do, Morgan’s no longer sure what’s best for everyone, or whether her and Cam’s love can weather an uncertain future (Barnesandnoble.com).


This one bummed me out. Don't get me wrong, it is a great book so let me explain. I don't want to give away the ending but I have to in order to fully explain, so I am giving a SPOILER ALERT.

I love, love, love Cam and Morgan's relationship. Is it so wrong that I love when characters have been in love since they were practically babies? So, when I find out that Morgan and Cam will have to be split up because he's a fairy and they won't be able to be in the same world my little bubble of happiness (over their great relationship) is popped.

Next I find out that they can possibly stay together. Then I am happy for them again. Soon it turns out that everything is going against them and they probably won't be able to stay together. Great plot, bummer for me.

In the end, she ends up with Pip. I am torn by the end because it's the life that Pip was supposed to have but Morgan didn't spend her whole life with Pip. She spent it with Cam. And Cam is gone, never to be seen again. The worst part is that she is the only one who will ever know that he even existed. That kind of sucks. Maybe it was supposed to be a happy ending but it bummed me out a little.

End of SPOILER ALERT.

Despite the fact that I got a little bummed, this is definitely a page turner worth reading. The writing is great and I think Morgan's character is really cool. She can see the future, how cool is that?

Overall: 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment